Obama and other Western political leaders have been saying that Climate Change is the biggest threat to modern society. I am coming around to agree, but not in the way they are thinking. I mean there is fresh evidence that we can defeat radical Islam, but we are already losing to radical climatism. I refer to climate alarm and activism, which has come to dominate the environmental movement and impose an agenda for social re-engineering.
The Climatist Game Plan
Mission: Deindustrialize Civilization
Goal: Drive industrial corporations into Bankruptcy
Strategy: Cut off the Supply of Cheap, Reliable Energy
- Raise the price of fossil fuels
- Force the power grid to use expensive, unreliable renewables
- Demonize Nuclear energy
- Spread fear of extraction technologies such as fracking
- Increase regulatory costs on energy production
- Scare investors away from carbon energy companies
- Stop pipelines because they are too safe and efficient
- Force all companies to account for carbon usage and risk
- UK steel plants closing their doors.
- UK coal production scheduled to cease this year.
- US coal giant Peabody close to shutting down.
- Smaller US oil companies going bankrupt in record numbers.
- 27,000 extra deaths in UK from energy poverty.
- Resource companies in Canada cut 17,000 jobs in a single month.
For more info on progress see: http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/terence-corcoran-clean-green-and-catastrophic
Radical climatism is playing the endgame while others are sleeping, or discussing the holes in the science. Truly, the debate is over (not ever having happened) now that all nations have signed up to the Paris COP doctrine. Political leaders are willing, even enthusiastic dupes, while climatist tactics erode the foundations of industrial society. Deaths and unemployment are unavoidable, but then the planet already has too many people anyway.
ISIS is an immediate threat, but there is a deeper and present danger already doing damage to the underpinnings of Life As We Know It. It is the belief in Climate Change and the activists executing their game plan. Make no mistake: they are well-funded, well-organized and mean business. And the recent behavior of valve-turners, acting illegally to shut off supplies of fossil fuel energy, shows they are willing to go very far to impose their will upon the rest of us.
Note: On an earlier version of this post, I was chastised by a deep environmentalist, Michael Lewis, for tarring him and others dedicated to environmental concerns with the same brush as climate activists. I take his point, and acknowledge the dismay many environmentalists feel at the damage climatists have done both to science and to efforts to protect the planet from real pollution.
With Trump’s election, there is a new sheriff in town. We can hope for changes, firstly to stop the erosion and secondly to repair the damages to the underpinnings of modern society. The transition is underway, and it looks like this: